I don’t have any one thing to write about, but here, in a nutshell, is what takes up my time, runs through my brain and otherwise occupies me this week:
- We start homeschool one week from Monday.
- I haven’t hung up my maps yet. It probably doesn’t matter, but it bugs me.
- I have to bring all the big/major art supplies from the basement and home office and put them in our new Art Room.
- We will have a new Art Room mainly to protect our art stuff from the destruction of Love Bug.
- My in-laws have been living in this room for 4 months and are moving out this weekend to their own place.
- I’m taking the kids to a bizarrely named Amishy theme park tomorrow.
- The last time I took them there, I was nursing Love Bug and I printed out the state law that said breastfeeding in public is legal and stuffed in the diaper bag because the theme park had some weird wording on their website about nursing mothers needing to nurse in a specific place (Yeah, whatever.) and I wanted to be prepared in case they tried to mess with me.
- I decided to homeschool the Queen Bee. It makes total sense to homeschool her along with Firefly.
- I tried to call, talk in person and email the Queen Bee’s preschool teacher/director but could not bring myself to do it. I could not figure out why.
- So I sent in the enrollment forms and the first month’s tuition. Sometimes you just gotta trust your gut, even if it defies logic.
- My bestest friend, Java Mom, had major, huge, very serious surgery today and the hospital sent her home by lunchtime, without even one overnight stay, but hopefully with very good painkillers. I think if one has small children and has to have major surgery, it should be mandatory that insurance companies pay for at least two night’s stay in the hospital.
- My 6 year old, whose previous interaction with our Wii consisted mainly of setting his sippy cup next to it, is now totally addicted to Lego Star Wars.
- Lego Star Wars starts out with cute lego figures wielding light sabers. It then progresses to guns and blowing things up. Great. Just great.