Thank you to Instinctive Mom over at This Adventure Life for choosing me for the One Lovely Blog Award. [blush, blush]. Instinctive Mom has an awesome blog herself. Go check it out.
Before beginning my “Creekside” blog, I thought it would be a way to keep track of what we were learning, kind of like a journal, and also as a way for friends and family to see what we were learning about, if they were interested. Perhaps some who may think I was turning my children into freakshows by homeschooling them might see that, “Hey, those kids are actually learning something. They might turn out to be employable, non-incarcerated adults after all.” Not that anyone expressed this concern, mind you, but I’ve read a lot of horror stories from other homeschoolers.
Anyway, blogging has become a great way to connect with other homeschooling families and I’ve learned so much from reading other people’s blogs–about parenting, homeschooling, and life. Blogging has also quickly become a creative outlet for me as well as a way to share what we are learning with other homeschooling families out in cyberland, and hopefully that is in some way helpful.
So here, I am told, are the rules for accepting this award…
1. Accept the award. Post it on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2. Pay it forward to 15 other bloggers that you have newly discovered.
3. Contact those blog owners and let them know they’ve been chosen.
Fifteen blogs? Really? I look at blogs all the time and follow many bloggers on Twitter and Facebook and there are so many that I love but for some reason, I am having a hard time coming up with 15. How about 10 now and I’ll add more later?
1. JavaMom at Caffeine and a Prayer has been my blogging mentor, as well as my partner in crime in so many different parts of life. Her blog subjects are always interesting, well written, funny and inspirational. She’s a blogging Rock Star. Check her out.
2. Angela at Satori Smiles has a most awesome and thorough account of her homeschooling adventures with her daughter in the mountains of Colorado. Beautiful photography and a total willingness to show a detailed, true account of what day to day homeschooling can truly be like make this a highly appealing blog.
3. Melanie at Four Squares has beautiful photography and awesome writing. I once spent an entire weekend just reading this blog. It’s that good. She writes funny stuff about her kids, The Goobs, as well as hilarious things about cows and you can tell that her love for her husband, The Man, is the real thing.
4. Sarah and the Goon Squad always, always makes me laugh. When I read her blog, I often fall into fits of laughter and then I have to explain to The Husband what I am laughing about and pretty soon we both sound like a couple of convulsing hyenas.
5. Smrt Mama at Smrt Lernins is awesome and her blog is probably too Big Time for this lil ‘ole award but, just the same, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention her. She’s funny, thought provoking and the adventures of her family, the McLernins, is well worth the read.
6. Shannon at Shannon’s Shenanigans. This woman can write. Read her blog. She’s funny. She’s an awesome momma, too.
7. What Do You Do All Day? Isn’t that a great name for a mommy blog? And besides that, Kate does super cool crafts. You should definitely check out her blog.
8. Kris at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers is another awesome, Big Time blogger. I love her Top Ten lists, how she wonderfully networks other homeschooling bloggers with her Weekly Wrap-Ups and Homeschool Showcase and she was sweet enough to answer my new bloggy questions when I emailed her, even though she is surely a very busy woman.
9. Regular Mom at Like I Have Time For This? is f#$%!^%&@%$ hilarious. She curses a lot but she can f@#%$^!#$ write so check out her blog.
10. Tiffany at Lattes and Life is funny (have you sensed by now that humor really does it for me?), smart and she drinks a lot of coffee. Anyone who can see the humor of a riding mower in a parking space at a Cracker Barrel in Georgia, takes a photo of it and posts it on their blog, has my undying and devoted readership for life.
So, there you have it. Blogs that are indeed lovely.